The anticipated release date for Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth has been announced. With 2023 brimming with high-caliber games, this momentum is set to roll into early 2024. Fans can mark their calendars for January 26, 2024, when the game hits the shelves.
In addition to the release date, an intriguing story trailer has also been unveiled. Here’s a quick dive into the key highlights:
- Ichiban’s journey after the original Like a Dragon story appears promising initially.
- The Seiryu Clan’s activities raise eyebrows once more.
- A familiar face, Jo Sawashiro, returns from the preceding game.
- An intriguing twist awaits as Ichiban is dispatched to Hawaii to reunite with his mother, which looks to be a central storyline of the game.
- Upon Ichiban’s Hawaiian arrival, events take a dramatic turn, reminiscent of the classic Yakuza twists.
And much more! The story video is almost 10 minutes long; some may want to watch it all, while others may want a complete spoiler-free experience.
Sure thing! Here’s a refined version of that content:
In addition to the story trailer, an awesome gameplay trailer was also released, packed with revealing details. Here’s what we uncovered:
- Setting: The Hawaiian locale is dazzling, with sun-kissed beaches reminiscent of the vibes from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
- Game Mechanics:
- A dynamic weather system.
- Dive into the ocean with the new swimming feature.
- The turn-based combat remains, but now you can strategically reposition during your turn, providing potential advantages in battles.
- Kiryu is back with a twist! Activate his special mode to shift into real-time combat for a limited period. It’s potent, perhaps even bordering on overpowered.
- A plethora of new job roles were showcased, including Samurai, Desperado, Geo Dancer, Pyromancer, Housekeeper, Action Star, and more!
- Summons, both new and returning.
- Deepen your connection with your party; the bond mechanics appear more profound than in the previous game.
- Engage in “Crazy Deliver”, a frenetic blend of Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater and Crazy Taxi, where you cycle to deliver food.
- “Sujimon Battles” introduce an autobattler format featuring Sujimon (it looks like you can issue some commands ala Digimon World).
- Dive into the world of virtual dating with “Miss Match.”
- As expected, the crowd-favorite, karaoke, makes its return.
- Sega Arcade Inclusions:
- Dive into “Sega Bass Fishing”.
- Engage in thrilling battles in “Spikeout”.
- And a ton more!