The platinum trophy earned with the PS4 version of The Last of Us Part II will carry over to the Remastered version on PS5, Naughty Dog confirmed.
Via a tweet, Naughty Dog announced that every trophy earned with the original version would transfer over to the PS5 version, including the platinum trophy.
While that feature will either appeal or not to the fans, depending on which camp they are about whether to go through the efforts of earning every trophy again, up to the platinum trophy.
Naughty Dog, however, is adding a list of trophies as part of the roguelike mode, No Return, which will certainly occupy the time and interest of the general players, both old and new alike.
More trophies to earn
Specifically, the game developer has added the following trophies, with their respective requirements:
- Mixed Bag: Get kills with 5 different weapons in an Assault encounter
- Got Your Back: Win a round of Holdout without your ally falling below 70% health
- Become The Hunter: Kill 12 enemies in a Hunted encounter
- Burglar: Open the safe in Capture without killing any enemies
- Modded: Complete an encounter with each Mod
- Roll Call: Win a run with every character
- Good Riddance: Beat all bosses
- Risk Taker: Complete 5 gambits in one run
- Team Abby: Complete all Abby faction challenge tracks
- Team Ellie: Complete all Ellie faction challenge tracks
- May Your Survival Be Long: Win a Daily Run of No Return
- True Strength: Get an S rank on an encounter
- May Your Death Be Swift: Win a Daily Run of No Return on Grounded Difficulty
Pre-existing owners of the PS4 version of TLOU: Part II can choose to upgrade to the Remastered version on the PS5 for just $10 once the title officially hits the market on January 19, 2024.