Sony made a surprising announcement on Tuesday when it revealed the slimmer versions of the PlayStation 5 Disc edition and the PlayStation 5 Digital edition. But alongside this pronouncement is also the price update for PS5 peripherals that seem to exclusively affect the Japanese market.
Beginning October 18, the following items will be having updated, albeit more expensive, price tags:
- DualSense Wireless Controller (Cosmic Red, Nova Pink, Galactic Purple, Starlight Blue, and Gray Camouflage): 9,980 yen, including tax (from 8,228 ye, including tax)
- DualSense wireless controller (White and Midnight Black): 9,480 yen, including tax (from 7,678 yen, including tax)
- Pusle 3D wireless headset: 12,980 yen tax included (from 10,978 yen, including tax)
- Media remote control: 3,980 yen, including tax (currently 3,278 yen, including tax)
- HD camera: 7,980 yen, including tax (currently 6,578 yen tax, including tax)
According to the PlayStation Blog, the new PlayStation 5 models will come with a horizontal stand. But those looking for a different orientation to their shiny new console will have to fork over 3,980 JPY (29.99 USD/29.99 EURO/24.99 GBP) for a vertical stand.
Additionally, those looking to add a different aesthetic to their PlayStation 5 may be able to purchase an official Console Cover for 7,480 JPY (54.99 USD/54.99 EURO/44.99 GBP). Options of color to choose from include Volcanic Red, Cobalt Blue, and Sterling Silver, with more color schemes reportedly coming soon.